Add-ons von Mark W. Stroberg

Das Forum für Software und Spiele, die auf Windows 3.1x lauffähig sind.
Softwaretipps bitte in die Usertipps-Rubrik posten!
Antworten
gabyde
Site Admin
Add-ons von Mark W. Stroberg

Beitrag von gabyde » 19. Mär 2024, 18:41

Hallo in die Runde,

Mark hat mir zwei Add-Ons für Windows 3.1x/WFW geschickt und möchte gerne wissen, ob diese auch unter den deutschen Windows-Versionen lauffähig sind.

Es handelt sich um folgende Programme:

Program Manager add-on that enhances the UI of the Program Manager in two different ways. For any version of Windows 3.1.
PROGMUIX.ZIP
Add-in which allows automatic login at startup with a stored username and password. Specifically for Windows for Workgroups.
ALOGIN.ZIP

Könntet ihr die bitte mal testen und eventuell Mark direkt Feedback geben (auf Englisch)?
mwstroberg[AT]comcast[DOT]net

LG
Gaby
Und eine Stimme sprach zu mir: lächle und sei froh, es könnte schlimmer kommen. Ich lächelte und war froh und es kam schlimmer...

i'm what i'm
Re: Add-ons von Mark W. Stroberg

Beitrag von i'm what i'm » 9. Apr 2024, 16:27

Hallo Gaby,

Also Borgworld Autologin funktioniert sowohl im Online Modus sprich WiFi Hotspot
(siehe Video), als auch im Intranet Peer to Peer WiFi Modus.
Mit Xircom 10/100 LAN Credit Cards werde ich es noch prüfen, ich gehe aber davon aus, da funktioniert es genauso.

Progmuix: Beim Run Dialog Blick ich noch nicht ganz durch mit den Befehlen.
Offenbar hat das eine History integriert, hab's aber nicht getestet, weil ich Programme grundsätzlich per Calmira ausführe..
Shutdown von Progmuix funktioniert in Windows jedenfalls bei meinem 1997 Toshiba Laptop genauso, als wenn ich eine andere Shutdown Variante für DOS bemühe..
Der hat ATX Shutdown.

Progmuix läuft sowohl mit Windows 3.1 als auch Windows für Workgroups 3.11.
Alogin logischerweise nur mit WfW3.11.

Mister Stroberg habe ich mein Feedback auf deinen Wunsch auf Englisch übersetzt per Mail gesendet.

LG Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKuk2jVpRc

Bild

Bild

Bild
Bild
Bild
Technical Minutiae Elaborateness Detail-Art are my Solutions

mwstroberg

Beitrag von mwstroberg » 9. Apr 2024, 20:13

Chris, thanks for your efforts at testing these add-ons for me.

I made an attempt to reply to the email you sent me, but mail delivery failed. I am pasting the message in here:

Chris, thank you for trying it out.

I wondered if you could possibly test the new version of ALOGON (I changed the name from ALOGIN to ALOGON, but Gaby still has it as ALOGIN.ZIP on her FTP site) that Gaby has on her site. In this newest version (1.4.0.0), I made a first attempt at localization in German, International English, French, Canadian French, Spanish, and Modern Spanish. As you speak, read, and write in the German language, perhaps you could tell me if my translations are accurate, or if I need to modify something in it to make it conform better to German language standards. You would need to completely uninstall the older version of ALOGIN and then install the new version of ALOGON. If prompted to use new version of driver if the old one was already on your system, choose “New Version.” For this preliminary localization I used “Google Translate” to create the translated resources. Any feedback would be useful. Just be sure to have the International settings in Control Panel set to the German language. To thoroughly test it, could you possibly try to install it in Windows 3.1 or 3.11 (not WFW) to see if the message box indicating an installation failure is localized properly?

Do you perhaps know of anybody who speaks French or Spanish as well, so that they could test the new localized version of ALOGON on their systems as well?

The link above in Gaby's original message now downloads the newer version.

Thanks again.

Mark W. Stroberg

i'm what i'm

Beitrag von i'm what i'm » 10. Apr 2024, 13:42

Hello Mark, thanks for your Answer.

Now i have used successfully your old english Version from Auto Login any Years ago.
Watch the Video in my 1st Posting.
I'm happy with them again..
But Thanks for Upload the New Version, i have saved them in my Archive.

So English is Technical international Computerlanguage, without you can do nothing. 😉
Example:
If sometimes i have forgotten my own
NT 3.51-Server 2012 Passwords in all the Password Memory-Brain Jungle Confusions.
Bild

Now i have installed Progmuix in Win 3.1 and WfW 3.11 (Not 3.11) Installations.
Autologin only in WfW 3.11, because in
Win 3.1 useless without Novell Network Goodies.. 😁😉

I don't own Win 3.11 and WfW 3.1, because why ?? 😉
But i think, your Add's works in them properly too, because only simply Differences.. 😊

Regards Chris
Bild
Bild

mwstroberg

Beitrag von mwstroberg » 10. Apr 2024, 22:14

Hello Chris, thanks for getting back to me.

The reason I wanted you to try the newest ALOGON driver, and try to install it in Windows 3.1/3.11 in addition to Windows for Workgroups, is so that you can test the installation failure message box, which comes up when you attempt to install it in a version of Windows 3.1 other than Windows for Workgroups. I am making an attempt to test the localization of the driver, and thought that you could do that for the German language.

If you don't have a version of Windows 3.1 installed other than Windows for Workgroups, could you at least test the newest version of ALOGON driver with Windows for Workgroups, and temporarily change the language setting in control panel to German to see if I translated everything else correctly, other than the installation failure dialog.

Thanks.

Mark W. Stroberg

i'm what i'm

Beitrag von i'm what i'm » 12. Apr 2024, 14:22

Hello Mark,

I'm currently not using a network with Windows for Workgroups 3.11.
I've gotten away from PCMCIA WiFi again,
because too much interferences now due to
70-80% Peak 5G Tx Beam Forming Signals and other things today for well 802.11b binding.

That's my Reason, why I got a few Xircom Credit Card 10/100 LAN PCMCIA cards.
Consequently: When I testing them with
RJ45 CAT6 Cables in internal Peer to Peer Intranet Network Sessions, i will install and check your new ALOGIN.
With One Xircom in Laptop Cardbus Slot.
The other Xircom in Vadem ISA-PCMCIA Card Slot in Tower.
Both with installed Novell Network LAN WfW 3.11..

How will I do this??
Probably install it on one PC as a device, then copy the installation to the other PC device with DOS Network Menuitem Entries from Autoexec.bat, Config.sys,
DOS Network Drivers Locations - if exists.
After i just only have to change the static IP's numerically at the end.
Example: Simply
1st PC: 10.0.0.1,
2nd PC: 10.0.0.2
The Menuitem Entrie(s) after have Changed from "Wireless - LAN" to Example "Wire - LAN" on both PC's.
Bild

Bild
By the way: What surprises me -
for the Xircom Ethernet II 32Bit Cardbus version also
DOS-WfW 3.11 drivers available..

Regards Chris.
Bild
Bild

Antworten