Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs

Diskussionen zu den neueren Windows-NT-Versionen (2000, XP, Vista, 7) und darauf laufender Software.
Antworten
i'm what i'm
Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs

Beitrag von i'm what i'm » 2. Aug 2023, 10:46

Windows FLP.
This is Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs (Windows FLP for short).
It is a lightweight version of Windows XP. Perfect for low power netbooks.
1-2 GBs of RAM is recommended for this OS.

Bild
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows ... Legacy_PCs

https://archive.org/details/windows-flp

Wer vielleicht den Bootscreen seiner/ihrer
bestehenden XP Installation auf den
Windows Fundamentals ändern möchte
als Gag oder weil besser, "will ich auch so haben.." zusagt:
Dann eben das Bild oben nehmen,
Pfeil wegretuschieren falls stört und weiter wie in der Beschreibung unten vorgehen..

How to Change the Splash Screens on
Startup in XP

Windows XP enables users to change the desktop background, screen saver, color scheme
and other settings via the Control Panel, but businesses can employ scripts and modify
system files to personalize the operating platform even further. To switch the splash screen
from the default image to your organization's logo, create a 16-color, 640-by-480 bitmap
version of the logo and change the boot configuration to load your personalized screen.

Open in an image editor, such as Paint, the image to use as the new splash screen. Click "File,"
then "Save As."
Choose BMP as the file format and change the name of the image to "boot."
Press "Windows-E," or click "Start" and then click "Computer," to open Windows Explorer.
Transfer the new splash screen to the C:\Windows folder. Select "Tools" from the menu bar.
Click "Folder Options," then "View." Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and "Hide File
Extensions for Known File Types," and then click "OK."
Locate "boot.ini" in the list of files. Right-click "boot.ini," select "Properties" from the context
menu, and then uncheck "Read Only."
Click "OK." Press "F2," type "boot.iniold," and then press "Enter" to rename the file and create a
backup of "boot.ini."
Right-click "boot.iniold," point to "Open With," and then select "Notepad" from the options.
Browse the file to locate a line resembling the following:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
/fastdetect
Append "/bootlogo /noguiboot" (without the quotation marks) to the end of the line so that it
looks like the following:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
/fastdetect /bootlogo /noguiboot
Click "File," then "Save As." Select "All Files" from the "Save as Type" drop-down menu, enter
"boot.ini" into the File Name field and then click "Save."
Restart the computer to apply your changes.

Edit: Mit dem Tipp oben war nichts zu holen außer dunkler Bootscreen und schwarze GUI.
(Was ich bei den Parametern schon geahnt hatte)

Also hab ich's es so gemacht:
Mit Windows 3.1 für Windows XP auf ein und dem selben echten Legacy Laptop.
Neuere Grafikprogramme können außerdem kaum Bitmaps in benötigten 4Bit 16 Farben speichern. 😎
In Bootskin für Windows XP kann man dann eigene Einträge definieren und ergänzen.
Ist was ähnliches wie Winlogo für Windows 3.1.

When i create in Windows 3.1 4Bit 16 Colors 640x480 Windows XP Bootscreens for real legacy PCs and for Customize Entry as XP Bootskin Profile..
Der heutige Tag war ansonsten etwas verkehrt, deshalb vielleicht beim 2ten Part im Video den Monitor um 180 Grad drehen.. 🥸😛

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4ZtxZWtZQ
Bild
Bild
Technical Minutiae Elaborateness Detail-Art are my Solutions

Antworten